Online sales return
If you purchased goods online via Orbit Fitness website and you would like to return them, you should first contact our Customer Services Department with a legitimate reason, they will then instruct where the goods should be sent for assessment or eligibility for return. You may be requested to return the goods to Orbit Service Center or a Orbit Fitness store. Freight costs for return of purchased goods are the responsibility of the buyer, Orbit Fitness will not cover these freight costs.
Please choose carefully as Orbit Fitness will not accept the returning of goods if you have made a wrong decision, changed your mind, duplicated purchase with a family member or friend, failed to receive finance support or felt or claim that such purchase haven’t met your expectation. Only damaged or faulty goods that have product quality related issues will be considered for return.
Subject to any obligation at law to the contrary, including under the Act, certain goods will not be accepted for return because of their nature, which may include but not limited to the following:
- hygiene and personal products, e.g. chest band;
- gift vouchers;
- consumables, e.g. nutritional supplements;
- products that have been activated and carries personal information, e.g. heart rate monitor;
- special orders.
Assessment of goods for return
Orbit Fitness reserves the right to assess the eligibility of goods for return (including the condition and age of the goods) BEFORE accepting them as returned. All goods which a customer wants assessed for return must be:
- accompanied by proof of purchase from Orbit Fitness either by providing a receipt or other proof of transaction; and
- unmarked and complete with instruction books and accessories such as remotes controller, power cord, batteries, power adaptor, connectivity cables and any other out of box accessories supplied as part of the purchase. Please note that it may be necessary for the manufacturer/distributor of the goods to inspect the goods in order to assess eligibility for return. Orbit Fitness will endeavor to provide a prompt turn-around time. While goods are being assessed, Orbit Fitness will not be deemed to have accepted the goods for return.
- Within the expressed warranty period
After your goods are repaired
After your goods have been repaired or replacement goods become available, as may be the case, Orbit Fitness will contact you to make arrangements for pick-up or delivery of your goods. Whereas a product is beyond reasonable means (too heavy or too large) to be picked up by a customer, Orbit will take responsibility in returning the products at our cost..
Goods returned for repair which are capable of retaining "user-generated data" as defined under the ACL, may as a result of the repair, be subject to loss of data. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type and similar age rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods with consumer consent.
Your rights not affected
This Returns Policy should not affect your statutory rights including those under the ACL. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and your statutory rights, your statutory rights will take precedence. Please seek legal advice and contact Orbit in writing should you feel that your statutory rights are affected.
Please do not hesitate to contact Orbit Fitness
Orbit Fitness Equipment
28 Fellowship Road
Gnangara WA 6077
or email us at email@example.com
This policy sets out the circumstances in which goods supplied by Orbit Health and Fitness Solutions Pty Ltd (referred to below as Orbit Fitness) will be accepted for return.
Australian Consumer Law and your rights
When shopping with Orbit Fitness rest assured that you are covered by consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law ("ACL") which cannot be excluded. This policy is in addition to any rights you have at law including under the ACL which is Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act, 2010 ("Act").
Subject to any obligation of Orbit Fitness by law to the contrary, Orbit Fitness accepts goods for return:
- for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which is not a "major failure", Orbit Fitness may either have the goods repaired or provide an identical replacement ; or provide a transferable credit note of the amount paid for the goods within a reasonable time.
- for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which cannot be remedied or a "major failure" (as defined in the ACL), you may either reject the goods within 14 days of receipt, choose an identical replacement(if reasonably available); or one of the same type; switch to different products with similar value; keep the goods and seek compensation for any drop in value of the goods caused by the failure; or agree with Orbit Fitness to the repair of the goods at Orbit’s cost; and
if none of the above arrangement is available or acceptable to the consumer, Orbit will refund the defective product in full or in partial depends on the circumstance.
A "major failure" is defined in the ACL and broadly is one where a reasonable consumer would not have acquired the goods had the consumer been fully aware of the failure, the goods are unsafe, substantially unfit for its prescribed purpose or departed significantly from the demonstration model or sample. In this regard you should refer to the ACL
If you reject goods purchased from Orbit Fitness, in accordance with the ACL, you must return the goods to Orbit Fitness. If the goods cannot be returned without significant cost to you, as prescribed under the ACL, you may ask Orbit Fitness to collect the goods at our cost. If goods are accepted for repair, Orbit Fitness will undertake such repairs within a reasonable time frame. All repairs will be undertaken as prescribed under the ACL. If you are entitled to a refund under the ACL, your refund will be issued by credit card, cheque, EFT or PayPal depending on your original payment method for the goods.